Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Make your own PERSONAL POWER deck- 30 Day challenge


 Truth be told, I've never been one for Oracle cards, but I am at a point in life where I want to try implementing them into my daily meditation practice. Though there are a ton of beautiful decks out there, none of them really call to me. Instead, I'll make my own! I'm basing my cards off a Tarot deck I'm designing for my own use. That's a very complex project and it will be a long time before those are ready, but it'll be nice to have something along that vein to use for now.

 So what IS the challenge? Well, it's really whatever you want it to be. Look at existing Oracle decks. Which ones do you love? Why do they appeal to you? Brainstorm what your perfect deck is like.  How many cards does it have? What shape is the deck? What colors or images do you imagine? What style is the artwork? Listen to your intuition. I'm choosing 60 words that resonate with me, and assigning each word both a plant and a crystal with properties that enhance the attributes of that word. I'll be illustrating 2 cards a day, for 30 days. I am not very artistically skilled, so I will be drawing my concepts on regular paper and my sweet husband will be creating digital images from that. I'll then print them on heavy cardstock, charge them with the appropriate herbs/crystals, and laminate them.

 The benefits of making your own Oracle, or personal power, cards are numerous. You get a deck that really speaks to you, you can choose illustrations, colors, and symbolism that  sparks something inside of you. The cards are the perfect size and shape for your hand. You get to exercise both your intuition and creativity. I'll actually be sitting down and drawing with my daughter every day, so that's a huge perk for me.

Materials:
-Cardstock or blank index cards
-Waterpaint, crayons, markers, pencils...whatever medium you choose to work with. Even images cut from magazines works! Or make them digitally!
-Intention
-Commitment

 I'll be beginning my challenge on the first of June, since it's just a few days away and has 30 days, and posting my concept cards as they're finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment